Friday, November 1, 2013

Is blood really thicker than water ???


The proverb "blood is thicker than water" is used to imply that family ties (blood) are always more important (thicker) than the ties you make among friends (water). It generally means that the bonds of family and common ancestry are stronger than the bonds between unrelated people (such as friendship).



Is that really the case ??
I don't think so. For me my friends are my family well that doesn't mean I hate my family (both maternal and paternal sides) some of them I do hate.The propaganda that the members of family, some total stranger you share a fragment of your genes is more important rather than the other people in your life is nothing but a fallacy a well spread fallacy.If people think its true then...this is for you..




In major part of my life its my friends or so called water connections are the ones who have guarded my blind side than my relatives and its not anyone fault. We just have grown apart over the years. Thanks to social networking sites there is a slight chance we may come closer again.


But friends I can't imagine how it will be without them around, my world will be a hellhole without them and so will most peoples life.


"Friends are god's apology for relations"— Hugh Kingsmill

Completely agree with him.

Dedicated to all friends both old and new.  


3 comments:

  1. Cool mann nice thought ...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Mr/Ms Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one packed a lot of emotion. We have two words. Wotakuye--our relatives by blood. We can't help but be related to them. O'otakuye--relatives by choice and more often closer than the ones by blood. _/\_

    ReplyDelete