Sunday, November 17, 2013

Letter from a Mother

Dear son,

By the time you read this letter I will be gone. I won't say don’t be upset, I know you will be. What I am saying is be sensible and pull yourself together, death is inevitable for you and me I was just first on the list. As Martin Luther King Jr. says “A man who won’t die for something is not fit to live.”

You would be wondering what your mother is doing misquoting Martin Luther King Jr. I know I am misquoting him also I know you laugh at when someone is misquoting, well this was just my attempt to make you smile (Hope that works).

First things first always take care of your wife, children and your father. Your father may sometimes act he is all tough and don’t need any help, believe me he will need all the help you can give and is too proud to say that.

Your wife is really a great girl see to it you always take good care of her those will be your precious moments in both of your life. I can see the love in her eyes each time you come home from work. It gives me a great deal of peace of mind to know she will always be there for you. Tell her I love her a lot, in fact, more than you and I never saw her as a daughter in law but always as a daughter and friend.

I will definitely miss your children. Their innocent laughs, silly jokes, pranks, fights in short everything about them. Tell them I will always love them. Both of you are the best parent they could ever good, sometimes I feel you were a better parent than we ever were with you. Always tech them the importance of gratitude and humility because that is what the world wants and not more millionaires and billionaires.

Whom I will miss the most is your father, he gave me the best years of my life. At the start it was never easy to be with him, as time passed by it got easier. He may sometimes act like a fool, be patient with him then. He forgets to take his medicine many a times, always ask him if he had the medicine if not take it and give it to him.

I don’t know where people go after dying, I hope I am going back to God and if I am, I will definitely ask him to give you all a long, healthy, fruitful and beautiful lives.

The bell just rang, it’s probably you and your father from your morning walk. All others are still asleep in their room.  


With lots of love

                                                                                                                         Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment