Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How he got a YES !!


                                                       IMAGE COURTESY : GOOGLE IMAGES



 People always say a boy and a girl can never be only friends, they eventually fall in love and be in a committed fruitful relationship or fall in love and fuck up their friendship. I always thought it was BS, it’s not though.


Following is the conversation from the movie Harry met Sally

Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way. 
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved. 
Harry Burns: No you don't. 
Sally Albright: Yes I do. 
Harry Burns: No you don't. 
Sally Albright: Yes I do. 
Harry Burns: You only think you do. 
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge? 
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you. 
Sally Albright: They do not. 
Harry Burns: Do too. 
Sally Albright: They do not. 
Harry Burns: Do too. 
Sally Albright: How do you know? 
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her. 
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive? 
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too. 
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU? 
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story. 
And that's the truth in a nutshell. Men and women can never be friends with someone they find attractive, if they are they aren't really good friends.

It’s really true, men never go and talk to women unless they find them attractive many will tell that it is not true, but this is true they may or may not know about it.


Michael Jackson said: "If one can become your best friend, then he or she can easily become your life partner"



I had two friends a boy and a girl, they were best friends. They knew each other for 3 years everyone in our college thought they were together. When they start talking they just forget the whole world around them. Everyone knew they like each other, everyone but them. Everyone knew one day or another they were going to end up together.


I asked the him once "didn't you just want to be friends with her so that you can propose her?"

He said "no, I am very comfortable with her, I enjoy talking with her than you guys."
I then asked him" then why are you uncomfortable when some other boy talk with her?"
"I don't know why, was it so obvious?"
"why do you think all of our friends tease you, remember the day when we all came to your place, she was with us but the moment she saw you she to  became a host and both of you were acting like you were married, it was so cute."
"Don’t mess with my head bro!!! We didn't do anything like that."
"Yeah were all are blind... our bad."
He gave me a cold expression and punched me, I am sure the moment he turned he blushed and was happy about this.

I still remember a guy her out and he was shit scared if she will say yes and i was laughing like hell seeing his plight. They were talking for about half hour and he was shitting over his pants, then at last he called her on her and asked some stupid thing so she could come over. The girl started to realise he is having some strong feelings for her and my foolish friend didn’t understand his own feelings.


She gave him many clues and he didn’t get it or was afraid to admit it. She decided then she will play with him and make him tell. She said to him that she is going out for a movie with a guy. She did it so perfectly, she left it there she didn’t say the name of the guy. He tried to ignore it and utterly failed in it. By the end of the day he was pissed as he repeatedly asked the name and she wouldn’t give.


While heading back home she said it was me, who she was going out for movie. I was shell shocked but I wanted him to realise he has feeling for her so I said “I am sorry, she is really a good girl I want to go out with her.” Believe me if he had something in his hand I would had a fractured skull that day.


Next day was his birthday, needless to say he was not in a great mood to celebrate. I asked him “why are you so angry, it’s your birthday bro.”

“You know why, don’t act like a retard.”
I burst into laughter. “What is so funny, is my anger making you laugh you piece of shit.”
“Bro, we didn’t go to a movie. We were just playing with you just to make you realise you have feeling for her. I am your friend I wouldn’t do this to you.”
The moment I said this he hugged me. He realised he loved her like hell and so did I. I always thought it was just attraction but it was not. It had depth, depth which I never knew existed.

He was a complete different person we three had a small celebration, while going back he did something which no one expected him to.


While going back in train we all got down, I was waiting for him, he was so busy talking. Then as the train was leaving the station, all I heard was a high pitched voice screaming “YES”.


I asked him what it was all about.

“You are my best friend and you knew how I felt for her and you didn’t go out with her, but not everyone is going to be that way, so just to make sure no one does it again instead of asking her out, I proposed her and she said yes.”
Saying this he walked with a big simple on his face. I was shocked the guy who didn’t knew he had feelings for the girl, proposed her he is crazy and the girl said yes she too is crazy.
All I could think was love really does make the world go wild.

PS:

Its 3 years after this incident they are still together and talking to their family about their engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment